June is National Men’s Health Month! It’s important to encourage the men in our lives to get regular checkups and be aware of the risks for their age, ethnicity, and lifestyle.
- Know your preventable risks
- Take steps to create healthful habits
- Schedule routine tests for early detection of disease
- Learn your risk factors
- Document your family history with your physician
HOW TO OBSERVE
- Make a commitment to have a health checkup.
- If you’ve recently had one and you are at risk, consider making changes to your lifestyle to improve your health.
- Talk to your physician about the steps to take.
- Talk to the men in your life about making an appointment for a checkup.
- Take a walk with your father, brother, husband, son, friend or co-worker.
- Cook up a healthy meal for the man in your life.